A High Definition Television Breakdown!

The few weeks ago, I turned my TV on and it wouldn't turn on. The red
LED light in front just kept flashing until it went out and the "Lamp"
light came on. Oh fine, my hubby had just left on a militaristic
deployment and now I am without TV.
I instantly logged onto my laptop to type my husband, who just
insisted we buy a LCD HDTV three years ago. I told him that his
"awesome" TV is down and now I have no spouse and no TV either.
You have to love recent technology because the next thing I know, he
wrote back and told me he bought the lengthened warranty on the Sony HDTV.
The extended warranty only lasts 4 years so I knew we were pushing
it.
I also knew the paperwork was lost somewhere with all the rest of the
significant documents we had. After sifting through documents for an
hour, I finally found it in an unopened box from our move. I opened it up
and found the date of purchase, exactly 3 months shy of four years.
YES!
So I rang Sony and let them know the HDTV model I have and my
purchase code. They arranged a local electronics store to come to my home,
make sure it was the lamp and then change it. They even gave me an
appointment day and time.
I waited around all day for the serviceman to come to my home the day of the
appointment but he never showed up. Do you know how bothersome it is to
go from a 52" HDTV to no high definition 19" television? It's quite
dissatisfying.
I contacted the electronics company and ask them what happened. They gave
me another appointment and apologized, which was satisfactory, everyone makes
mistakes. Nonetheless, the next appointment never happened either. Then I
called again and they said that they just went ahead and ordered the
lamp. They said the lamp would show up in two days. Three days later,
there was still no lamp. It wasn't until nearly 2 weeks later that they
finally got to my home with the lamp.
The two techs simply took off the front access panel to the television,
unscrewed the lamp casing, and replaced it. It took almost five minutes. I
could have certainly ordered the lamp myself and repaired it more than a
week ago. I will definitely remember that for the next time my loved
high definition television's bulb fry's out.